1 cup plain rice
1 cup parboiled rice
1 /2 teaspoon soda bi carbonate
1/4 cup white udad dal
1/2 cup curds
10-12 teaspoon ghee or oil as preferred
1/2 teaspoon methi (fenugreek) seeds
Water for grinding
How to make Plain Dosa
- Wash the rices and dal together.
- Add plenty of water and methi seeds.
- Allow to soak for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Rewash the rice by draining the water 2-3 times.
- Grind to a paste. Rawa -like grains should be felt in the batter. Add soda bicarb and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside in a warm place for 8-10 hours.
- Beat the curds well.
- Add to the batter, add more water if required.
- The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
- Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
- Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it.
- Remove with spatula when crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney and / or sambar.