For the dough
2 cups Maida (Plain Flour)
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup melted Ghee
2 cups finely chopped Onions
2 tablespoon Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
2 teaspoon Dhania Powder (Coriander)
1 teaspoon Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
2 teaspoon Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
2 Bay Leaves
3 tablespoon Chopped Coriander
½ teaspoon finely chopped Green Chillies
2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
2 tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
How to make Pyaz Ki Kachori
- First of all to prepare the dough combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi soft dough using water. Keep it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Then divide the dough into 12 equal parts and keep them covered under a wet muslin cloth.
- Now for the onion filling heat oil in a pan.
- Then add the kalonji, saunf, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and saute till the onions turn light brownin color.
- Then add the besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Now remove the bay leaves.
- Then allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Then divide into 12 equal parts and keep aside.
- Now to make kachoris roll out each portion of the dough into a 2 inch diameter circle.
- Then place one portion of the filling in the centre of the rolled dough.
- Then surround the filling with the dough by slowly streching it over the filling.
- Then seal the ends tightly and remove excess dough.
- Then roll each filled portion into a 2 ½ inch diameter circle taking care to ensure that the filling does not spill out.
- Then gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Now repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Then deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown.
- Then the kachoris should puff up like puris.
- These kachoris take a long time to be cooked in the inside too.
- Finally serve hot with tamarind chutney and hari chutney.