250 grams All purpose flour (Maida)
Water to make batter
2- 3 Carrots Grated)
100 grams Cabbage Shredded)
1 cup leeks shredded and well washed (white section only)(optional)
1/2 tablespoon White Pepper Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ginger Minced)
2 tablespoon Soya Sauce
50 grams Mushrooms Chopped)
75 grams Sprouted Beans
3 Green Chilies Chopped)
Salt to taste
How to make Spring Rolls
- Sift the flour and add salt and water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
- To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger ,garlic and mushrooms, stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add leeks (if available) and stir fry for about 1 minute, then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
- To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot.