2 cups finely chopped & minced vegetables
1 small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
3 tablespoon corn flour
1/4 cup plain flour
3 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
2 red chilies
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 cups water
Salt to taste
How to make Chinese Veg Manchurian
- Boil finely chopped minced vegetables and bind with some corn flour or bread crumbs and make small lumps the size of a ping pong ball.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp corn flour, adding 1/4 tsp each of ginger and garlic and red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the vegetable balls in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chili and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions. Stir-fry for a minute. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well. Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling. Boil till the gravy becomes transparent.
- Add vegetable balls and Soya sauce. Boil for two more minutes and remove from heat. Serve hot with noodles or rice.
10-12 Salad leaves
1 Onion (Thinly sliced into rings)
1 Radish (peeled and thinly sliced)
1 small cabbage (shredded)
1 Cucumber (Sliced into rings)
2-3 Carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
1 banana (cut into rings)
1 Guava sliced
1 apple thinly sliced
Chaat masala to taste
1 tomato (thinly sliced into rings)
2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
How to make Vegetable Salad
- Take big plate and arrange salad leaves.
- Add shredded cabbage, onions, carrot, cucumber, and radish.
- Now arrange tomato, banana, apples, and guavas.
- Sprinkle salt and chaat masala.
- Pour lemon juice.
2 tablespoon cabbage finely shredded
1 teaspoon butter or oil
1 tablespoon spring onion greens finely chopped
1 tablespoon cauliflower finely chopped
1 small stalk celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoon carrot finely julienned (slivers)
2 teaspoon cornflour
1/4 teaspoon ginger grated
1/2 teaspoon red chilli sauce
1 teaspoon soya sauce
1 teaspoon brown vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper powdersalt to taste
4 cups water or vegetable stock
How to make Hot Sour Soup
- Heat fat, add vegetables, ginger, except spring onions.
- Stir fry till cooked, add spring onions, stir.
- Add stock, chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and stir.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix cornflour in 1/2 cup water, and pour into soup, stirring continuously.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
250 grams All purpose flour (Maida)
Water to make batter
2- 3 Carrots Grated)
100 grams Cabbage Shredded)
1 cup leeks shredded and well washed (white section only)(optional)
1/2 tablespoon White Pepper Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ginger Minced)
2 tablespoon Soya Sauce
50 grams Mushrooms Chopped)
75 grams Sprouted Beans
3 Green Chilies Chopped)
Salt to taste
How to make Spring Rolls
- Sift the flour and add salt and water and make a smooth batter.
- Heat little oil in a flat non-stick pan and add enough batter so that it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook both sides of the pancake till golden. Repeat the same till whole batter is utilized.
- To make the filling heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a wok, add ginger ,garlic and mushrooms, stir fry for 10-15 seconds.
- Add leeks (if available) and stir fry for about 1 minute, then add carrots, cabbage and cook tossing the vegetables until they are crisp-tender.
- Add the bean sprouts, salt, pepper and soya sauce, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside the filling to cool.
- To make the spring rolls place 2-3 tbsp. of the filling in the center of each pancake.
- Fold in the sides and form a tight roll, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot.
2 small heads finely shredded Cabbage (Patta Gobi)
6 tablespoon Gram Flour (Besan)
1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
1 teaspoon Cumin Seed (Jeera)
1 teaspoon Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
Few Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
4 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
A pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
To taste Salt (Namak)
How to make Kobhi Zunka
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and gram flour, roast it constantly stirring to avoid lumps formation, on a moderate heat.
- As soon as the smell and color changes, remove it from the heat.
- Heat oil in another pan and add mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add cabbage, turmeric, coriander, cayenne powders and salt, mix well.
- Lower the heat and add little water.
- Cook until cabbage is done but crisp.
- Increase the heat and dry the liquid and add the roasted gram flour, stir well.
- It will absorb the liquid and oil to form clumps.
- Break off the clumps to cook them.
- When the flour is cooked remove from the heat.
- Serve hot.
1 cup yoghurt
1 -2 cups fresh cabbage
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 green chilli, finely sliced
8-10 curry patta or meetha neem leaves
Salt to taste
Coarsely ground pepper powder to taste
How to make Cabbage Raita
- Cut cabbage into thin, shot strips, like for coleslaw. I find that raw leaves taste better, but you can steam them for a minute in a microwave, making sure that they do not loose their crunch. Cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Heat oil, add1/2 tsp. mustard seeds. When seeds splutter, add 5-6 curry leaves, stir and pour over the raita. Mix.
- Serve chilled
1 Sliced Red Cabbage (if not available then normal cabbage)
1 meduim sized chopped Onion (Piaz)
2 meduim sized sliced Apple (Sabe)
1/2 Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
1/2 cup Vinegar
4 Pepper corns (Kalimirchi)
1 tblsp Fine Wheat Flour (Maida)
2 Cloves (Lavang)
1 tsp Oil
Lemon Juice to taste
1/2 Litre Water
Artificial Sweetner to taste
Salt to taste
How to make Cabbage Apple Delight
- Heat oil in a teflon-coated pan.
- Saute onion for a little while.
- Add apples and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sweet-n-low, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon, vinegar, salt, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped cabbage, cover and cook on a low flame.
- When it’s done, just before serving, add flour, stirring continuosly to avoid lumps.