Chana Dal has a preparation method is very simple and taste is yummy. It brings in a different taste and flavor as compared to other dal’s
Chana Dal :- 1 cup
Water :- 7 cups
Salt :- 1 tsp
Cayenne :- ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder ( Haldi) :- ¼ tsp
Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera) :- ¼ tsp
Corriander powder :- ¼ tsp
Tamarind pulp :- 1 tblsp
Sugar :- 1 tsp
Vegetable oil :- 1 tblsp
Black mustard seeds :- ¼ tsp
Garlic clove – chopped :- 1 No
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take chana dal and soak it in 4 cups of water for around 2 to 3 hours
2) Wash and drain it properly.
3) Take a pan and boil around 3 cups of water. Add salt to it.
4) Now add chana dal to this pan and cover the pan.
5) Keep pan over medium flame for around 30 mins.
6) When cooked, stir the dal properly
7) Now add turmeric, cumin, cayenne, sugar and tamarind pulp. Make sure you remove the seeds and skin.
8) Stir it properly and keep it on simmer , uncovered
9) Take another pan and heat vegetable oil over low heat. Add chopped garlic and mustard seeds to it.
10) When oil gets hot, add this oil to the simmered dal.
11) Now cover the dal and keep it over simmer for around 2 mins.
12) Cook chana dal for another 5 mins uncovered.
13) Dal is now ready to serve with hot rice.