As we know fruits are very essential for our health. Fruit custard is made up of the all the types of fruits included in the milk. It is very tasty and healthy for the body. Following is its recipe.
Milk : – 200 ml
Custard powder : – 4 tea spoon
Small cake : – 1
Cocktail fruits : – 1 tin
Sugar : – 100 gms
Fresh cream: – 2-3 cups
Apple : – 1
Strawberry jelly : – 125 gms
Grapes : – 1 cup
Orange : – 1
cherries : – 5-8
Method of preparation:
- Make the cut in the centre of cake to form two halves.
- Follow the instruction to make jelly.
- Beat the cream for thickening.
- Peel all fruits and make small pieces of it.
- Take milk and mix custard in it.
- Put the remaining milk for boiling and mix sugar and dissolved custard in it.
- Stir mixture until it thickens and put off the flame.
- Keep one cake slice in separate dish and spread some cocktail fruits, fresh fruits and custard on it.
- Then spread jelly and put another cake slice on it.
- Decorate with remaining fruits and custard.
- Spread the cream as topping.
- Keep jelly on sides and decorate with cherries.
- Now put this in fridge and after setting serve it as chilled.
1 cup Wheat flour
1/2 litre Oil (for frying)
3 tablespoon Ghee
1 pinch Salt
1 cup Grated coconut
3 1/4 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
How to make Karanji
- In a mixing bowl combine the salt, flour and ghee. Rub in well. Gradually add water and knead to form a firm dough. Cover with wet cloth and set aside.
- For the stuffing: Cook the coconut (use fresh or dried) sugar, milk, chopped almonds and raisins, cardamom powder, and poppy seeds(optional) till the milk evaorates.
- Divide the dough into 20-25 sections, roll them out into flat round pancakes. Place a spoon of stuffing at the centre and fold the pancake in half. Use a cutter to create the fluted crescent border and cut off excess dough. You can seal the edges by applying a little milk and pressing down hard.
- After all the karanjis are stuffed, fry them in very hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown, remove onto paper towels and allow to cool.
- The karanji can last for 7-8 days if stored in an air tight container.
4 cups Besan
2 teaspoon Elaichi Powder
2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 cups Ghee
4-6 Drops Saffron Color
How to make Besan Laddo
- Mix the sugar and saffron color together. Leave it aside.
- Melt ghee in a kadhai and cook the besan over low flame.
- Stir continuously till the besan becomes light brown in color.
- Mix the elaichi powder and again stir.
- Remove from the flame and pour it on a thali. Let it cool slightly.
- Now mix this with powdered sugar.
- Divide it into equal parts and give the shape of laddus.
- Besan Laddoo is ready.
1 Cup besan
1 Cup ghee
1 teaspoon Pista
2 Cup Water
1 Cup milk powder
1-1/2 Cup sugar
How to make Besan Burfi
- Melt ghee and fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out.
- Transfer the mixture in another vessel and mix with milk powder.
- Make thick sugar syrup by combining water and sugar in a pot and heating them over low flame.
- Drop the fried besan mixture in the prepared sugar syrup and stir it.
- Add chopped pista or nuts and stir properly.
- Transfer to a greased plate.
- When firm cut into diamond shaped pieces and serve.
1 litre Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Chopped Dry Fruits
1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
How to make Basundi
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan and simmer it till it gets reduced to half.
- Add sugar and cook for some more time till it gets thickened.
- Now add cardamom powder and put off the flame.
- Allow it to cool. Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- Basundi is ready. Serve chilled.
1 1/2 l Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
7-8 Pistachios (blanched and chopped)
A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
1 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
5-6 Almonds (blanched and chopped)
How to make Chanar Payesh
- Soak saffron in two tablespoons of warm milk and set aside.
- In a shallow pan, boil half litre of milk and add lemon juice to it and stir it till the milk curdles.
- Pour the chenna (curdled milk) on a muslin cloth and strain the whey. Dip it in ice cold water till completely cool and strain again and set aside.
- Boil remaining milk and add a pinch of saffron to it. Allow the milk to simmer in low heat till reduced to half.
- Add sugar and stir till completely dissolved.
- Smash chenna in a bowl and add it to the milk and simmer again.
- Just before removing from heat, add almonds, pistachios and soaked saffron.
- Serve chilled.
2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
1/2 kg Ghee
4 strands Saffron (Kesar)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
A few drops Milk
2 cups Sugar
15 Green Cardamoms Powder
How to make Boondi Ka Laddoo
- In a pan, heat water and sugar to make sugar syrup.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and stir well.
- Add soda and water to gram flour and make a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a deep frying pan and put the gramflour paste in the boondi maker and press out small boondis and fry till light yellow.
- In another pan, fry cashew nuts and raisins.
- Add the boondis and fried cashew nuts and raisins to the sugar syrup and mix. Cool.
- Grease your hands and roll out small laddoos out of the boondi mixture.
1 kg Thick Curd
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tablespoon Warm Milk
2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
A few strands Saffron
Pistachios and Almonds
How to make Srikhand
- Put the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk.
- Mix the saffron mixture, curd, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl.
- Churn the mixture using a hand blender.
- Garnish with slivers of almonds and pistachios and serve.
6 slices Bread
2 tablespoon Ghee
1 cup Full Cream Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tablespoon Pista, blanched and chopped
Few strands of saffron
1/4 cup Water
1 Cardamom, powdered
4-5 Almonds, toasted and sliced
How to make Seviya Kheer
- First you need to cut the edges of the bread. Thereafter, cut it diagonally to form 2 triangles. Keep the bread aside for about 2 hours, so that it becomes hard.
- To make the sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and set the mixture to boil. Now, simmer the solution for about 10 minutes and add powdered elachi into it.
- Take a pan and set the milk to boil. Simmer it until it reduces to 1/4th quantity. Simultaneously, keep stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan. Now, add pista and few strands of saffron to the thickened milk.
- Apply ghee on the sides of the bread and lightly fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Arrange the fried bread on a plate. Pour the sugar syrup onto the bread and wait until it seeps down.
- Now, spread the milk mixture onto the bread and sprinkle some almonds, pista and saffron strands over it.
- Freeze it and serve when it is chill!!
2 cups Badam
1cup Seviya (Vermicelli) broken into 4 cm bits
5 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted blanched pistachio, silvered
1/3 cup almonds (sliced)
Silver or gold papper (varak)
1/2 tablespoon rose water
How to make Seviya Kheer
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan over medium heat and add seviya and fry till golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk, sugar, almonds, pistachio and stirring constantly bring to boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the milk is slightly thickened.
- Cool to room temperature, add rose water and chill thoroughly.
- Stir well and serve the vermicelli pudding in individual bowls with a piece of silver or gold paper (varak).