This is a recipe that is made of sugar coated flour pieces which are deep fried. Here are the steps you should follow to prepare this recipe.
All purpose flour :- 500 gms
Ghee :- 100 gms
Baking powder :- 1 ½ tsp
Water to knead
Oil for frying
For the coating-
Sugar :- 300 gms
Water :- 100 ml
Method of Preparation-
1. The flour should be kneaded and ghee should be added to it. The mixture should be mixed well till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Baking powder should be added and it should be kneaded into dough with the help of water.
3. The dough should be covered with a damp cloth for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Oil should be heated in a pan and the dough should be divided into three long rolls.
5. Each portion should be rolled into a roll having ½ an inch thickness and it should be cut into ½ inch pieces with a knife.
6. The pieces should be hot fried on medium flame for nearly 10-12 minutes once the oil gets heated. This should be done till pares are light golden and crisp.
7. The pieces should be drained of oil on a paper tissue.
For the syrup-
1. Water and sugar should be boiled in a pan till they both reach a consistent level.
2. It should be removed from the flame and pares should be added to the syrup, covering all the sides of pares with a flat spoon.
3. Too much should not be mixed as the sugar may get hardened.
4. They should be taken out and dried for a while.
5. They should be stored in airtight containers.