2 onion (pyaj) cut
1 tomato (tamatar) cut
1/2 kg mushrooms (goochi)
1 teaspoon garlic paste
salt (namak) to taste
1 tablespoon fresh corriander, cut
1/2 teaspoon red chilli (lal mirch) powder
3 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
How to make Mushroom Masala
- Cut mushrooms in slices.
- Heat oil and fry onions until golden brown in colour.
- Add garlic paste and cut tomatoes.
- Put chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes or until it starts leaving oil.
- Add mushrooms and mix well.
- Simmer and stir fry till mushrooms are tender.
- Add very little water, if necessary.
- Serve decorated with coriander.
200 grams mushroom
1 piece ginger (adrak)
4 onion (pyaj)
7-8 tomato (tamatar)
1/2 teaspoon spice blend (garam masala)
2 green chilly (hari mirch)
3 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 teaspoon salt namak
1/2 cup cashew nut (kaju)
1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup cream (malai)
How to make Shahi Mushroom
- Cut mushrooms into 2 pieces.
- Finely chop all the other vegetables.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until it turns pink.
- Then fry ginger, green chilies and tomato.
- When tomato soften remove it from the flame.
- Grind it in a mixer.
- Then cook in the pan and also add salt, red chilly powder, spice blend, sugar, cream and cashew nuts powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add mushroom.
- Cook at low flame until mushroom softens.
- Then remove it from the flame and serve hot.
500 g (1 lb) Mushroom
1 finely chopped onion
2-3 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 finely chopped tomato
2 teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
1 inch cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
5 teaspoon oil
salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Curry
- Cut mushroom into thin slices.
- Grind cinnamon, fennel seeds & clove to fine powder in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan & add the above powder & ginger garlic paste to it & fry for a minute in low flame.
- Add chopped onions & fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till oil separates from it. Then add pepper, chilli & turmeric powder & mix well.
- Add mushrooms & 1/4 cup of water, salt & mix well.close the lid of the pan & let it cook in simmer.
- Uncover when mushrooms are cooked & keep stirring for few minutes till all the water evaporates & when it comes in the form of thick gravy type.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.
1/2 kg fresh mushroom
1/2 kg water chestnuts (singhade)
2 teaspoon red chilly powder (lal mirch)
2 cup vinegar (sirka)
40 grams jaggery (gud)
2 tablespoon mustard seeds (raai)
2 teaspoon spice blend (garam masala)
2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methiana)
250 grams mustard oil
2 teaspoon salt (namak)
A pinch ginger (adrak)
2 tablespoon aniseed (saunf)
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
How to make Mushroom Pickle
- Boil and peel singhade.
- Wash mushrooms and cut them.
- Let mushroom and singhade dry.
- Grind jeera, raai, saunf, methidana.
- Make adrak paste.
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a pan and fry singhade in it till it becomes light brown. Take them out.
- Now fry adrak and remove it from the flame.
- Add all the spices in it.
- Now mix mushroom and singhade well so that masala is mixed well.
- After 2-3 hours mix gud in sirka and cook.
- Let it cool and mix with aachar.
- Store in a jar and then put extra oil.
200 gramss Fresh Mushrooms cut into quarters
1 1/2 inch ginger chopped very fine
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
4-5 cloves of garlic chopped finely
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Magic
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera to it.
- When it starts spluttering add the chopped ginger – garlic and stir over high heat for 5 secs.
- To this add the mushroom quarters and red chilli powder and salt and stir over high heat rapidly for 3 – 4 mins.
- When the water given out by the mushrooms evaporate,off gas and empty it into a bowl immediately so that the heat from kadai doesnt overcook the mushrooms and make it soggy.
- Serve hot as a snack or as an accompaniment with omlettes.
10-11 garlic (lahsun) buds
1 tin mushroom
1 cup noodles
2 onion (pyaj)
3 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch)
1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
1 cup cream
2 cheese cubes
salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Noodles
- Boil noodles in a container with salt.
- When it softens, strain and wash with cold water.
- Take out mushrooms and cut into thin slices.
- Keep the juice separately.
- Finely chop onions and garlic.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Put boiled noodles in it along with a pinch salt and fry. Take it out and keep aside.
- Now heat remaining butter in a pan and fry onions and garlic until it turns pink.
- Then add mushrooms and carom seeds for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt, black pepper powder, juice taken out from tin and cream.
- Cook for sometime and then add noodles and grated cheese.
- Fry for a minute and then remove it from the flame.
- Serve it hot.
500 grams fresh mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 onions, made into a paste
2 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon white pepper powder
Salt to taste
1/2 cup fresh beaten cream (malai)
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon oil
How to make Mushroom Malai
- First melt butter in a pan and saut the chopped garlic, chilies and mushrooms in it and keep aside.
- Now add the oil in the same pan and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Now add the onion paste and saut till it becomes pink in color.
- Add the garam masala powder, white pepper powder and salt to it and fry till it leaves oil in its sides.
- Now beat in the milk and fresh cream and mix well.
- Add the sugar and finally the mushrooms
- Serve hot garnished with fried whole red chilies
2 cups button mushrooms
3 cups chicken stock
½ ginger, chopped finely
2 sprig spring onions, chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt as per taste.
How to make Mushroom Soup
- Clean the mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Heat a pan and put the chicken stock.
- Once it boils, slow the flame and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onions, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Let it boil for another 10 minutes on slow flame.
- Serve hot.
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup button mushrooms
1 tablespoon tomato pulp
1 cup paneer cubes
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 finely sliced onions
5 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
A few cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom
1 tablespoon finely chopped green coriander
2 tablespoons cashewnuts paste
Salt to taste
How to make Mushroom Paneer Pulao
- Clean and wash the rice. Soak in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons. of ghee in a kadai and fry the spices lightly.
- Fry half of the sliced onions till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and tomato pulp. Keep frying till a nice aroma arises.
- Now mix the mushrooms and the paneer cubes along with the garam masala powder.
- Add cashewnut paste and about a cup of water and salt to taste.
- Simmer on a slow fire till cooked. The gravy should be slightly thick. To prepare the rice heat the remaining ghee in a handi and fry the remaining sliced onions till golden brown.
- Now add the drained rice. Fry for sometime. Then pour 4 cups of water and add salt to taste.
- Cook till the pulao is ready. Take another big handi.
- Layer one third of the rice in it. Sprinkle a little of the chopped green coriander and mint over it.
- Then spread one third of the paneer and mushroom mixture over.
- Layer the second portion of rice followed by a sprinkling of the coriander and mint.
- Spread the second layer of the paneer and mushroom masala. Repeat ending with a paneer and mushroom masala.
- Close a tight fitting lid and put the handi in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
100 g Mushroom (finely chopped)
4 Bread Slices
1 Capsicum (finely chopped)
50 gram Cottage Cheese (grated)
½ cup Curd
1 Tomato (chopped)
¾ cup Coriander Leaves (Fresh)
2 tablespoon Butter
½ tablespoon Red Chili Powder
2 tablespoon Cream (fresh)
½ teaspoon Salt
How to make Mushroom Toast
- Firstly, cook the bread slices in a toaster.
- Fry tomato, mushroom, and capsicum in butter for 2 minutes.
- Also, add cottage cheese, chili powder, curd and salt.
- Fry till water dries up.
- Apply the mixture on the toasts.
- Garnish with Coriander and serve hot.