Singhada is a seasonal fruit in India which can be get in the Winter. This fruit can be used in fast. We can prepare halwa from of Singhada which is very tasty and sweet in taste. Following is the recipe of making
Fresh Singhade - 500 gms
Milk (Doodh in Hindi) - 1 - 1 ½ cups
Cashew nut (Kaju) and Almond (Badam) - 6 - 7 pieces of each
Color Powder - ¼ tea spoon
Butter - 1 tea spoon
Thickened Milk (Mawa) - 100 gms (Also you can use White pedha)
Sugar - 150 gms
Cardamom Powder (Ilayachi Powder) - ¼ tea spoon.
1.First of all rind Singhade and chop it properly.
2.Take a pan and out some ghee in it and keep it burn for some time. Then add the singhade in it and fry them.
3.Then chop the Mawa and add it into the pan. Fry it with singhade till it become brown.
4.Take a small pot and boil milk in it and put sugar according to your taste.
5.In the boiled milk add the thickened milk or safed pedha if you are using it and keep it on the flame till it become thick.
6.Mix the 2 - 3 drops of color and mix it with the properly and remove the pan from the gas
7.Dress up it with the cardamom, cashew nut and almond powder. Now it is ready to eat.
These puris are gets prepared with the potatoes so those who have fast, they can use these as a fast food. You will not get these puris in the hotels as these are not famous. However, it can be available in lot of hotels in Panjab. These puris are very tasty and can be eat with cud or with any vegetable which hive slight Rassa with it.
Kuttu Ki Puri
Ingredients are as follows
Aaloos (Potatoes) - 4 - 5
Kuttu ka aata - 2 and ½ cup
Ghee (Butter)(gets used while serving) - 4 - 5 tea spoon (to use on puris)
Salt - ½ tea spoon
Black Pepper powder (Kali Mirch) – ½ tea spoon
1.First of boil the water until they become and then crush it to make a paste o it.
2.Mix the paste of potatoes, Kuttu’s aata, salt and pepper powder. Properly rub the mixture so that it becomes dough.
3.Now make a small balls of dough and make the small puris of it..
4.Boil the Butter and put the puris into the boiled ghee one by one.
5.Fry the puris till it become slightly brown color and then those ready to serve.
Bananas are most famous fruit in India. It gets used as food for the fast. There are lot of fast food made up of bananas are available like Barfi, Chips, Chiwada, etc. Barfi is one of the sweet dishes in India which can be served in Wedding Anniversary Lunch/Dinner.
Kele Ki Barfi
Banana (Kele) - 4 - 5 Medium Bananas
Milk (Doodh) - 1 - 1 ½ cups
Butter - 2 tea spoon
Hacked Walnut (Akrod) - ½ Cup
Sugar - 100 gms
Crushed Coconut (Nariyal) - 75 gms.
1.First of all strip bananas and crush them.
2.Take a pan and add crushed banana and milt in it and cook them till the milk dried out.
3.Mix the butter into the mixture and rouse it till it become brown.
4.Add sugar, crushed nariyal and walnut and rouse it for 5 - 10 mins.
5.Spread the mixture into the plate and put it into the plate which is lubricated with butter.
6.The thickness of the mixture on the plate should be ½”. Then cut it into the pieces and it ready now.
7.Dress up the barfi with some dry fruits
Pumpkin is called as Kaddu in Hindi. We can prepare raita of it. In some hotels it is served as raita and some time used as alternative to the vegetables. Kaddu is some what sweet in a taste so the things gets prepared from it are also bit sweet.
Kaddu Ka Raita
Ingredients are as follows
Pumpkin (Kaddu) - 1 cup
Salt (Namak in Hindi) - ½ tea spoon
Mustard (Raai Powder) - 1 tea spoon
Rock Salt - ½ tea spoon
Jeera Powder (Cumin) - 1 tea spoon
Curd (dahi) - 2 cups
1.Initially you have to shred the Kaddu and then boil it on the low gas in ½ cup water.
2.Boil it on low gas till the water gets finished. Then remove it and keep it for cooking for some time.
3.Punch curd and mix the Cumin, Salt. Rock salt, Mustard, with the pumpkin paste.
4.Add the curd and mix it properly. Now it raita ready to serve.
Bananas are most famous fruit in India. It gets used as food for the fast. There are lot of fast food made up of bananas are available like Chips, Chiwada etc. Chat is one of the crispy dish in India which can also be get prepare from Banana.
Kacche Kele KI Chaat Recipe
Ingredients are as follows
Raw Bananas (not fully grown) 4 pieces
Chat Masala (it can be get from any super market) 1 tea spoon
Oil for the use of fry 2 Cups
Chopped Coriander - 1 tea spoon
Chilly Sauce - 4 tea spoon
Meethi Chatni - 4 tea spoon
1.For the purpose of chat peel the banana first and then cut into pieces like chips.
2.Put the cut pieces of bananas in the cold water for 30 mins
3.Boil the 2 cup water and fry the banana pieces for the more time till they become crispy and brown.
4.Then include the meethi chatni and chilly sauce in the fried banana chips and then put it into the serving dish.
5.Beatify the mixture with Coriander.
6.Add some chat masala and it is read to eat now.
500 gram hare singhade (fresh water caltrop)
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
125 gram sugar
5-6 cashew nut (kaju)
100 gram thickened milk (mawa)
5-6 almond (badam)
1 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
1 cup milk (doodh)
Few drops of yellow colour (peela rang)
How to make Singhade Ka Halwa
- Peel singhade and grate them.
- Fry singhade in a pan with ghee.
- Grate thickened milk and add to the above until it becomes light brown.
- Boil milk, sugar and 1 cup milk in a container.
- Add thickened milk and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Then add 2-3 drops of colour and remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and finely chopped almond and cashew nuts and serve hot.
1 cup Kuttu Ka Atta (Buckwheat Flour)
1 tablespoon Oil
1/4 cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
Water for kneading
1 Potato (boiled and mashed)
Oil for deep frying
2 Green Chilies (chopped)
Salt to taste
How to make Kuttu Ki Puri
- Take kuttu, coriander leaves, potato, green chilies, 1tablespoon oil and salt in a flat-bottomed vessel. Add water gradually to knead a little firm dough.
- Make small round balls of the dough and roll out each ball to form a puri / poori.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry till the puri turns dark brown.
- Make all puris like this from the remaining dough, repeating the above-mentioned step.
- Kuttu ki puri is ready to eat. Serve with aloo ki sabzi or green chutney.
4 large ripe banana (pake kele)
2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
½ cup milk
75 gram coconut
2 cup sugar
½ cup crushed walnut (akhrot)
How to make Kele Ki Barfi
- First of all peel banana and mash them.
- Now cook mashed banana along with milk in a pan until milk dries up.
- Then add butter and stir continuously till it turns brown in color.
- Now add sugar, grated coconut and walnut and stir.
- Then remove it from the flame.
- Now grease a plate with butter and spread the mixture in the plate.
- Its thickness should be ½”. When it settles to be cut in pieces, cut barfi in desired shape.
- Finally garnish with dry fruits and serve.
1/2 cup pumpkin (kashiphal)
1/2 teaspoon mustard (raai) powder
2 cup curd (dahi)
1/4 teaspoon rock salt (kala namak)
1/4 teaspoon salt (namak)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
How to make Kaddu Ka Raita
- Grate kashiphal (kaddu) and boil in 1/4 cup water at low flame.
- When water dries remove it from the gas and let it cool.
- Beat curd and mix all the ingredients along with kaddu (pumpkin).
- Serve it chilled.
4 Raw Banana (cut into chips)
1 tablespoon Sweet Sauce
1 tablespoon Chat Masala
1 tablespoon Green Coriander (chopped)
2 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon Chili Sauce
How to make Kacche Kele Ki Chaat
- Dip the bananas in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry all the bananas, till they become golden brown.
- Put the bananas in a plate and add chat masala and sauces.
- Mix and garnish with coriander.