Not many Indian vegetables and gravy are made without adding tomato and garlic in it. Tomatoes are rich source of minerals and high on Vitamin C too. Garlic in the meanwhile is useful for people who are suffering with high cholesterol.
Tomatoes (Tamatar) :- 1 kg
Red chili powder (Lal Mirch) :- 1 tsp
Fresh Ginger (Adrak):- 30 gms, cut into long strips
Garlic (Lasun) :- 2 cloves, chopped
Raisins (Kishmish) :- 60 gms or 2 tsp
Salt (Namak) :- 2 tsp
Onion (Pyaj) :- 1 nos
Sugar (Cheeni) :- 240 gms
Cardamoms big (Moti Elaichi) :- ¾ tsp
Vinegar (Sirka) :- 11/2 cups
Almond (Badam):- 10 nos
Method of Preparation
1) The tomatoes needs to be boiled for 5 mns
2) Remove them from water, peel of the skin and chop into small pieces.
3) Take ginger and cut into long slices
4) Then put red chili powder, garlic, ginger, tomatoes into a pan and cook till it starts looking tender.
5) Keep stirring it till it becomes thick
6) Add sugar, vinegar, cardamoms, and raisins and keep cooking for at least ten mns.
7) Remove, allow it to cook and keep it in an air tight jar.