Dal is probably one of the staple diets of the people in the Indian subcontinent. The protein rich source of food is a big hit amongst the people of North and South India. Masoor Dal is also known as red lentil.
Red lentil split (Masoor Dal) :-1 cup
Turmeric powder (haldi) :- a pinch
Green Chili (Hari Mirchi) :- 2 nos, chopped
Garlic (Lasun) :- 2 flakes, chopped
Clarified butter (Ghee) :- 2 tbsp
Salt :- as per taste
Coriander leaves (Dhania Pata):- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds (Jeera) :- 1 tsp
Method Of Preparation
1) Take pressure cooker and cook the Dal along with turmeric powder and enough water.
2) Boil it till the Dal appears cooked.
3) Remove the Dal from the flame.
4) Mash the Dal using a wooden spoon. Once done keep it aside.
5) In a pan, take Ghee. To this add salt, green chilies, garlic and cumin seeds.
6) Fry all these for a single minute on slow flame. Once done, put the Dal in this.
7) On low flame, boil the Dal for couple of mns. Add water if required to keep the Dal consistent.
8) Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.