Almond is also known as Badam in India. This dry fruit is very popular and has lot of health benefits. They are one of the best sources of Vitamin E. They are generally soaked in water overnight and eaten early in the morning.
Water:- 21/2 cup
Fennel seed (Saunf) :- 2 tbsp
Cardamom Seed (Elaichi) :- ½ tsp
Cloves (Lavang) :- 4 nos
Raisins (Kishmish) :- 2/3 cup
Almond (Badam) :- ½ cup, blanched
Pistachio :- ¼ cup, chopped
Melon seeds :- ¼ cup
Sunflower or pine seeds :- ¼ cup
Milk (Dhoodh) :- 1 ltr
Saffron threads (Kesar) :- ¼ tsp
Method of Preparation:
1) Take water and boil it
2) To this add fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom. Once done remove from flame.
3) Keep it aside for close to ten mns
4) Take the raisins, pistachios, almonds, sunflower seeds, melon seeds and also add fennel tea to a bowl.
5) Keep it aside for close to an hour
6) Then move all the ingredients in a bowl to the blender, mix it well till it is smooth
7) Filter it and transfer the contents to a bowl.
8) When the maximum liquid has come, press it further so that more liquid comes out of it.
9) Now take 2 tbsp of milk, boil it along with saffron.
10) Transfer the milk from the nuts, the saffron milk and the remaining milk to a large jug. Mix it well.
11) To be served with crushed ice.