1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch asafetida
2 tablespoon oil
2 cup warm water
1 1/2 cup tomato puree
1/4 coconut medium
2 green chillies
4 -5 curry leaves
Salt to taste
How to make Tomato Coconut Soup
- Cut the coconut into small pieces.
- Wash , take off the stem and de-seed the green chillies.
- Heat up the oil over a medium heat up and mix in the mustard seeds.
- As soon as they crackle, mix in curry leaves and asafoetida and fry for 15 seconds.
- Mix in the tomato puree, coconut pieces, green chillies and water and bring to a slow simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Take off from heat up and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix in the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Pour out into a pot and mix in salt and sugar and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 5 minutes.
- Take off from heat up and serve hot.