It is one of the famous dishes in the Hyderabad which is made up of Arbi (colocassia). It also includes some of the spices so it is spicy in taste and very delicious. You can serve it with chapatti or paratha.
Salt : – as per taste
Tomatoes : – 3 medium size
Turmeric powder : – ¼ tea spoon
Garlic-ginger paste : – 1 tea spoon
Onion : – 1 (sliced)
Colocassia : – ¼ Kg
Chili powder : – 1 tea spoon
Tamarind pulp : – 2 tea spoon
Curry leaves : – 8-10
Oil : – 3 tea spoon
Green chilies :- 2-3
Method of preparation:
- First of in pot take the onion and peel it. Then chopped the tomatoes, remove the seeds of the chilies and chop it as well
- In half glass water keep the tamarind for soak for 15 mins and then keep the pulp only
- Make a salted water and keep the arbi for boiling into it
- Take a normal pan; add some oil into it, mix the onions and fry it till its color become brown. Then mix up the garlic-ginger paste, chilies. Curry leaves and keep it on heat for some time,
- Then include the chili powder and turmeric, mix it properly and again keep this mixture on the gas for some time
- Include tomatoes. Keep it on the gas until the tomatoes are meshed properly into it.
- Now mix the arbi, keep it for cooking. Then add some water and salt’ again cook it on the normal flame for some time.
- Include the pulp of tamarind and cover the pan with some plate.
- Now you can serve it very hot with chapattis or paratha.