Dal is probably one of the staple diets of the people in the Indian subcontinent. The protein rich source of food is a big hit amongst the people of North and South India. Masoor Dal is also known as red lentil.
Red lentil split (Masoor Dal) :-1 cup
Green Chili slit (Hari Mirch):- 5 nos
Coriander leaves chopped (Dhania Pata) :- 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder (Haldi) :- ½ tsp
Grated coconut :- ½ cup
Salt :- as per taste
Mustard seeds (Raai):- 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jeera) :- 1 tsp
Tomatoes (Tamatar) :- 2 nos chopped
Oil:- 1 tbsp
Onion (Pyaj):- 1 medium, sliced
Method Of Preparation
1) Take the gram and wash it. Then soak it for 30 mns
2) Take the grated coconut and make a paste of it with little water.
3) Take the onions, keep frying till it is golden brown and keep it aside
4) Boil the daal in pressure cooker, till the time it is soft.
5) Take the lid of pressure cooker and to this add turmeric powder, green chilies, tomatoes and salt. Keep cooking for 3 mns
6) Once the tomatoes look cooked, to this add coconut paste and mix it thoroughly.
7) Keep cooking it for couple of mns and keep it aside.
8) In a pan, take some oil and add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, to this add cumin seeds.
9) After a few seconds of frying, pour the contents on the Dal.
10) Garnish it with coriander leaves and fried onions.