2 cup wheat flour
2 tbsp. Curds
Water to knead dough
Salt According to taste
Oil to deep fry
2 potatoes boiled peeled and sliced
1 Onion chopped
2 green chilies chopped
1/2 tsp. ginger finely chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic crushed
3-4 pinches turmeric powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
1/2 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
Add 2 tbsp. Sooji
Method for preparing Puri Bhahi
• For Puris use 2 cup wheat flour, 2 tbsp. Curds
• Water to knead dough, Salt Acco. to taste
• Mix all the contents in the flour thoroughly
• Add 2 tbsp. Sooji to the poori mixture to make it a bit crisper.
• Now with the help of water knead it into a soft pliable dough .
• Keep it for 15 minutes.
• Divide the dough into a shape of small balls
• Then roll each into small rounds with the help of some oil .
• Heat oil in a deep pan,
• Fry the puris on both sides till light brown.
• Drain the excessive oil on a kitchen paper.
• For Bhaji use the ingredients like
• 2 potatoes boiled peeled and sliced, 1 onion chopped
• 2 green chilies chopped, 1/2 tsp. ginger finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp. garlic crushed, 3-4 pinches turmeric powder
• 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp. each cumin and mustard seeds.
• Heat oil in a pan,
• Add the cumin & mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
• Add the ginger, garlic, chili, onion
• And stir them till onion is tender.
• Now add potatoes, salt, turmeric and lemon juice.
• Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
• Put the bhaji in a bowl,
• Ggarnish with chopped coriander
• Now eat hot with puris.