2/3 Cup curd
1 teaspoon Cayenne powder
2 teaspoon Garlic, minced
2 teaspoon Ginger, minced
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
8-10 Crushed black pepper corns
1-1/4 lb Lean lamb, trimmed and cubed
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Inch piece of cinnamon
2 Onion, finely chopped
3 Cup coconut, grated
2/3 Cup oil
1 teaspoon Aniseed
How to make Kohlapuri Rassa
- Combine all the marinade ingredients, mix well and add lamb pieces.
- Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy pan and add cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and aniseed to it.
- Fry them for a minute, then add onions and fry until golden.
- Add coconut and saute till brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Now grind it in a processor.
- Heat rest of the oil and add lamb pieces and marinade mixture to it.
- Combine little water with it, cover and cook till done.
- Now add the grinded mixture and simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and serve.