The chivda recipe is one of the sweet and salty dishes made of dry fruits as well as poha. Here is how you can make this interesting recipe.
Sago :- 1 cup
Unsalted peanuts without seeds :- ½ cup
Almonds/ cashews :- ½ cup
Raisins:- ¼ cup
Potato sticks :- 1 cup
Green chillies :- 5
Lemon salt :- 1 tsp
Sugar (coarsely powdered) :- 2 tsp
Vegetable/ sunflower/ canola cooking oil (for deep frying)
Method of Preparation:
1. A deep- bottomed frying pan is needed for deep frying the sago.
2. Oil should be put on medium heat.
3. Sago should be added as soon as the oil gets ready so that the sago gets puffed immediately.
4. Oil should be drained from the sago with the help of a sieve and then should be kept on a tissue paper.
5. The fried sago is put on the tissue paper so that the oil gets separated from the sago.
6. The kadhi patta, cashews, almonds and green chillies should be fried.
7. The fried ingredients and raisins should be added to the sago along with grounded sugar and salt.
8. It should then be kept in airtight containers when it is cooked.
9. It can be used with snacks along with tea.