2 cups White Sesame Seeds (til), cleaned
2 cups Jaggery (gur), grated
1 ½ cups Flour (maida)
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg (jayphal) Powder
1 ½ teaspoon Cardamom (elaychi) Powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, for shallow frying
How to make Til Poli
- Rub in oil and salt to the flour and knead it to form dough.
- Cover the dough with a moist cloth, to keep it soft.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds, till they turn golden brown.
- When they cool down, pound them coarsely.
- Add in the grated jaggery and pound once again, to make the mixture even and smooth.
- Mix in the cardamom and nutmeg powders.
- Form small balls from the kneaded dough.
- Make a hole in the ball and fill it with a teaspoon of sesame seed mixture.
- Pull up the sides and seal the ball. Repeat with other balls.
- Oil a rolling board and place a stuffed ball on it.
- Roll out the ball into a thin round disk. Repeat with other balls.
- Shallow fry the disks, till they turn golden brown and become crisp.
- Serve hot.