This is raita with a twist.
Mustard powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
Fresh coconut (grated) - 1 tbsp
Red chilli (flaked) - 1 No.
Green chilli (cut finely) - 1 No.
Curd - 1 cup
Oil - 1 tsp
Sugar - ½ tsp
Salt - as per taste
Onion (chopped) - 1 tbsp
Ripe mangoes - 2 medium
Method Of Preparation:
- Peel the mango and slice into small cubes.
- To the yogurt add salt, sugar, mustard powder, fresh coconut and green chillies.
- Whisk well and add this to the mango pieces. Stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they pop add in the onion and red chilli.
- Once the onion turns brown, turn off the heat and mix with the curd mixture.
- Mix properly and serve either cold or at room temperature.
- Decorate with a few coriander sprigs.