12 Fresh limes wipe dry and cut each lime into 8 quarters, collect and retain the juice which drips while cutting
A small pea-sized lump Asafoetida
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
10, medium size, medium hot Dried red chillies
2 tablespoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
1 cup Salt
How to make Nimbu Ka Achar
- Put chopped lime pieces,ginger and green chillis in a pickle jar.
- Add salt and turmeric. Shake jar to coat all pieces.
- Keep aside for 4-5 days till lime becomes tender.(shake the jar time to time).
- Heat oil, add asafoetida. Allow to cool.
- Add all ingredients to the lime pieces. Mix well with a clean dry spoon.
- Allow 2 days before eating. Preserve in clean dry airtight jars