250gms Aloo (potato)
2 Onions, sliced
2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp Ajwain
Salt To taste
1/2 cup Besan
1 tsp Corainder Powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Annardana Powder
Oil For frying
Handful Corainder leaves
How to make Aloo Amritsari :
• Cut aloo into long pieces.
• Make a thin batter of besan, salt, ginger-garlic paste, ajwain seeds with little water.
• Add 1 tsp of oil and mix well.
• Marinate alu pieces for 15 minutes.
• Heat oil and deep fry the aloo. Keep aside.
• Heat 2 tsp of oil, add onions and saute till brown.
• Add salt, turmeric, red chilli, annardana powder, garam masala and mix well.
• Add the aloo (potato) and toss well.
• Simmer the flame and cook for another 5- 6 minutes.
• Garnish with corainder leaves
• Now serve punjabi aloo amritsari hot with paratha.