2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
oil to fry
5 -6 bitter gourd
salt to taste
2 medium sized onions
1 tsp dry mango powder
How to make Hariyali Tikki :
• Take off and reserve the scrapings of the karelas.
• Give a slit on one side and take off all the seeds.
• Cut karelas into thin slices.
• Wash and rub two table spoons salt all over the karelas and its scrapings.
• Set aside for 3-4 hours.
• Wash completely again and squeeze dry the karelas.
• Heat up oil in kadhai.
• Deep fry the cut karelas till dark brown and crisp.
• Take off the karelas and keep aside.
• Slice onions.
• Heat up 3 tblsp of oil in a kadai.
• Mix in cut onions.
• Stir fry for 3-4 minutes till they are transluscent.
• Mix in scrappings of karela and let it stir fry till onions are a little brown.
• Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chilli powder.
• Mix in the fried karelas to the above mixture and stir fry covered on low heat up for 5-6 minutes.
• Mix in salt if needed.
• Serve hot with chappatis.