Carrot, the reddish orange colored vegetable is used extensively in the Indian kitchen. The biggest advantage of carrot is that it can be gelled into any vegetable mix easily. They are a very good source of Vitamin A.
Basmati Rice :- 350 gms
Potato :- 200 Gms
Carrots :- 200 Gms
Onions :- 100 Gms
Chilies :- 4 nos
Mint (Pudina leaf) :- 1/3 cup
Ginger :- 30 Gms
Turmeric powder :- ½ tsp
Garlic :- 20 gms
Red chili powder :- one tsp
Curd :- 1 cup
Saffron :- 1 tsp
Milk :- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaf :- 1/3 cup
Rose water :- 4 tsp
Cashew nuts :- 50 Gms
Almonds :- 50 Gms
Raisins :- 25 Gms
Ghee :- 120 Gms
Salt :- as per taste
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take the rice, wash it and soak the rice for close to 30 mns. Drain the complete water. Now take the rice, add little more water along with garam masala powder and salt. Put it in a pan.
2) Boil the rice and keep cooking till done. Once cooked drain off the water.
3) Potatoes once peeled needs to be cut along with the carrots. Wash them well. Take the green chilies and onions; slice it.
4) Peel off the ginger, take garlic and chop it along with mint and coriander leaves.
5) Take the almonds; soak it in water for close to 30 mns.
6) Take the curd, beat it and divide it into equal halves.
7) To the one portion of curd, add the saffron which has been dissolved in warm milk.
8) Take ghee, add the leftover garam masala and keep sautéing. Keep doing it till it crackles.
9) To this add onion, once golden brown add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Keep stirring it for a minute.
10) To this add chili and turmeric powder. Sauté it for close to a minute. Then, add the cut vegetables and keep stirring it for a minute.
11) Now take the other portion of curd, stir it and to this add water. Bring everything to boil and keep simmering till the vegetables appear cooked.
12) To this add the nuts and dry fruits once the vegetable is cooked
13) In the other section with cooked vegetables add the curd mixed with saffron, coriander and mint. To this add the rest rice.
14) Take a moist cloth, cover it and seal it.
15) In a preheated oven, keep this handi for close to 20 mns
16) This can be served with some mint chutney and any other vegetables.