Pulao are traditionally made out of rice. It is a very typical Indian dish made with rice, vegetables and spices. With the availability of such varied food, the health factor in this dish is very high.
Basmati Rice :- 1 cup
Sugar :- 1 cup or as per taste
Cardamom (Elaichi) :- 3-4 nos, split and crushed
Saffron (Kesar) :- few strands
Cloves :- 4 nos
Mixed dry fruits :- 11/2 cup (Pista, cashew, almond)
Raisins :- 1 tsp
Saffron color :- a pinch, dissolved in water.
Pure ghee :- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds :- 1 tbsp
Silver paper (varak) :- as required
Water :- as required
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take the rice wash it and soak it.
2) Take the water and boil it. Add this to the rice and keep simmering it.
3) Once the rice is half cooked, add little sugar (dissolved in water) and ghee
4) When the rice is fully cooked add Cardamom, cloves, saffron and half the part of dry fruit.
5) Stir it gently and cover the whole thing for close to a minute
6) Garnish it using the left over dry fruit and the silver paper.
7) To be served fresh and hot.