Palak is the green leafy vegetable, which is used in a variety of preparations. As it is available plenty in the North India it is used specifically in rice and paratha preparation. Vegetable and gravies are also made using palak.
Palak :- ½ bunches, cut in small pieces
Garlic :- 1 pod
Ginger :- a small piece
Tomato :- 1 nos
Onion :- 1 nos, chopped
Curry leaves :- few sprigs
Potato :- 1 nos, mashed
Basmati Rice :- 1 cup
Salt :- as per taste
Garam Masala :- ½ tbsp
Mustard :- 1 tbsp
Urad Daal :- ½ tbsp
Channa Daal :- ½ tbsp
Green chilies :- ½ tbsp, cut in pieces
Red chilies :- ½ tbsp, cut in pieces
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take palak wash it, cut it in small pieces. Once done set it aside
2) Cook the rice and keep it aside
3) Take a wok, heat oil in and add all the ingredients required for seasoning in it. Keep frying till it is done.
4) To this add tomatoes, palak, onions. Mix it well and close it with a help of a lid.
5) Cook it well.
6) Once it is cooked, add little garam masala and sauté well.
7) Remove from flame and add rice to it. Again, mix it well.
8) Take a pan, pour some oil into it. Heat the oil and roast the potatoes. To this add curry leaves sprigs and add all of these to palak rice. Mix it thoroughly.
9) To be served with Raita.