Daal is generally the staple diet of people in India. It is used extensively in both North and South India and forms the base for lot of the vegetable and other gravies. It is very good source of protein and has a lot of nutritional values.
Rice :- 2 cups
Toor Dhal :- 1 cup
Cloves :- 5 nos
Cinnamon :- 1 nos
Cardamom :- 5 nos
Onion :- 2 nos, finely sliced
Tomatoes :- 6 to 8 nos, small
Green chilies :- 4 nos, slitted
Mint leaves :- 12 to 15
Coriander leaves :- ½ bundle
Garlic paste :- 1 tsp
Ginger paste :- 11/2 tsp
Salt :- as per taste
Veg. oil :- ¼ cup
Curry leaves :- as required
Water :- 3 cups
Turmeric powder :- a pinch
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take the daal, wash and cook it along with turmeric powder. Once done set it aside.
2) Keep the cooked daal water.
3) Now fry Cloves, Onions, cinnamon and cardamom.
4) Once when the onions are golden in appearance add curry leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, and little coriander leaves.
5) The rest needs to be used for garnishing
6) Add garlic and ginger paste, salt and fry for a couple of mns.
7) To this add the washed and drained rice along with tomatoes. Keep frying
8) Now add the daal which cooked, mix all the ingredients well. Now add 3 full cups of water.
9) Now take the cooked daal water and add it to this. Keep cooking for close to 10 mns, till the rice appears done.
10) Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.