Every time you think of a tangy flavor in Indian curries, most of the time it is due to Tamarind. Tamarind is known to be great antioxidants and used to fight a lot of diseases.
Basmati Rice :- 2 cups
Tamarind Juice :- ½ cup
Salt :- as per taste
Turmeric powder :- ½ tsp
Jaggery powder :- ½ tsp
Fenugreek :- 1 tsp
Asafetida :- a pinch
Mustard :- One tsp
Channa Daal :- 1 tsp
Red chili :- 6 nos
Sesame oil :- 100 Gms
Curry leaves :- a bunch
Peanuts :- 1 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take the rice, pressure cook it. Once done spread it on a plate and keep it aside.
2) Take a non stick pan, to this add asafetida and fenugreek and fry it without any oil.
3) Grind it to powder and keep it aside.
4) In the tamarind juice we need to add this powder, turmeric, salt, and jaggery.
5) In sesame oil, fry red chilies, mustard, peanuts, chana daal and curry leaves.
6) Pour all this into tamarind juice.
7) Take the tamarind juice and boil it till it appears like thick gravy. Oil should come out of this tamarind mix.
8) This gravy needs to be added to rice.
9) Mix it well and serve it.