Onion or Pyaaz as it is known in India is one of the most commonly used ingredients in the Kitchen. As a matter of fact, it is found in most of the gravies that are cooked. Onions are a very good source of sulphur and are used in lot of medicinal preparations.
Basmati rice :- 2 cups
Mixed vegetables :- 1 cup (Carrot, Potato, French beans)
Green peas :- 150 Gms
Onion :- 3 nos, chopped finely
Green chilies :- 2 nos, finely sliced
Salt :- as per taste
Red chili powder :- 1 tsp
Cinnamon (dalchini) :- 2 tsp
Caraway seeds (Jeera) :- 2 tsp
Cloves (Laung) :- 4 nos
Black pepper powder :- ½ tsp
Tomato :- 4 nos
Yoghurt :- ½ cup
Vegetable oil :- 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds :- ½ tsp
Dry fruits :- 3 tbsp (cashew, raisin)
Method Of Preparation:
1) Take the rice, wash it well. Then in 3¾ cup of water, add salt, 2 tbsp dry fruits and pressure cook it in a microwave or a pan.
2) Take all the vegetables, cut it in small piece. Fry each vegetable individually including the green peas.
3) Take a pan, and one tbsp of oil. To this add green chili, mustard, cinnamon, cloves, caraway seeds powder and black pepper powder. Keep stirring it for a while. To this add onions and sauté well till it appears pink in color.
4) To this add chili powder and salt. Keep stirring it.
5) Add tomatoes and keep cooking till they are done.
6) Take the yoghurt, to make it fine blend it well. Once done add the curd to this mix and keep stirring well.
7) Add in the fried vegetables
8) Add in the rice and keep mixing it softly. Cook for close to 3 mns.
9) Take the biryani in a serving dish.
10) Garnish with coriander leaves and fruits.
11) To be served with Raita or pickle.