2 cups semolina (sooji, rava)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (raai)
1 carrot (gajar)
1 capsicum (shimla mirch)
1/4 cup french beans (flas beans)
6 tablespoon oil (tel)
1 small cauliflower (phool gobi)
2 teaspoon black gram split (urad dal)
1 onion (pyaj)
4 red chillies whole
1 inch ginger (adrak)
10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
1/4 cup green peas (matar)
4 green chillies
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
Salt (namak) to taste
How to make Vegetable Rava Uppuma
- Roast the rava in a dry kadai without the color changing, remove and cool.
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables to small dices of equal size.
- Peel and chop onion and ginger fine. Wash and slit the green chillies and squeeze the lemon, strain and keep juice.
- Boil water, add little salt and cook carrot, beans and cauliflower for 10 minutes, drain and reserve.
- Heat oil, temper with mustard seeds, red chillies, urad dal and curry leaves. Add the green chillies and stir.
- Add the onion, ginger and cook for a few minutes. Add the capsicum and green peas and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes. Add the cooked vegetables, sprinkle asafoetida and salt to taste.
- Pour 4 cups water and bring to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the rava in a flow, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook for a few more minutes stirring all the while.
- Remove, drizzle lemon juice and serve hot.