1/4 kg white pumpkin
1 onion (sliced)
Half a coconut
A few curry leaves
10 green chillies
A little oil
2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 cup curd
Salt to taste
How to make White Pumpkin Kootu
- Chop the pumpkin into fine small bits.
- Add salt and boil.
- Grind together coconut, green chillies, half of the onions, and cumin seeds.
- Mix the ground paste with curd.
- Add this curd mixture to the pumpkin and cook for a while and remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard, remaining onion, curry leaves and fry.
- Add these to the cooked curry.