1 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana, soaked overnight)
½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Onions (chopped)
2 tablespoon Coriander Powder
3 Tomatoes (chopped)
½ tablespoon Red Chili Powder
6 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
½ tablespoon Garam Masala
2 Green Chilies (sliced)
½ cup Coriander Leaves (fresh and chopped)
2 tablespoon Cumin (grounded)
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (Fresh)
2 inch of Ginger (shredded)
How to make Pindi Chana
- Boil chickpeas in cooker for 20 minutes with salt. Ensure it is soft.
- Keep 1 cup water, drain remaining.
- Take a frying pan and sauté ginger-garlic and green chilies for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and chili powder with tomatoes.
- Cook till oil separates from mixture.
- Add chickpeas with half of coriander leaves, reserved water of chickpeas and salt. Lower the heat.
- Cook until water gets absorbed.
- Add garam masala and sprinkle onion and ginger.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon.