1/2 kg bhindi, washed & dried
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 Tomato, chopped
3/4 Inch ginger, finely chopped
2 Green chilies, chopped
3 tablespoon Oil
1 Medium sized onion, chopped
1 Pinch heeng (asafoetida powder)
3 teaspoon Coriander powder
2 teaspoon Dried mango powder (amchur)
2 teaspoon Ground fennel (saunf)
1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (haldi)
Salt to taste
How to make Stuffed Bhindi
- Combine together the stuffing ingredients, mix well and keep aside.
- Cut the stalk of each bhindi (okra) and make lengthwise slit so that masala can be stuffed.
- Stuff the okra with masala mixture.
- Take little oil in a pan and heat.
- Add cumin seeds and saute until it starts to crackle.
- Add onion, green chilies and ginger.
- Saute the mixture until onions turn transparent.
- Add heeng to it and cook for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook until it turns pulpy.
- When done, add stuffed bhindis.
- Mix well until bhindis are coated with the sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stuffed Bhindi (Bharwan Bhindi) is ready.
- Serve hot with chapatis.