500 gram hare singhade (fresh water caltrop)
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
125 gram sugar
5-6 cashew nut (kaju)
100 gram thickened milk (mawa)
5-6 almond (badam)
1 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
1 cup milk (doodh)
Few drops of yellow colour (peela rang)
How to make Singhade Ka Halwa
- Peel singhade and grate them.
- Fry singhade in a pan with ghee.
- Grate thickened milk and add to the above until it becomes light brown.
- Boil milk, sugar and 1 cup milk in a container.
- Add thickened milk and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Then add 2-3 drops of colour and remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and finely chopped almond and cashew nuts and serve hot.